3 Minute Sorbet (dairy free, high fiber, low calorie)
Boasting a whopping 9g of fiber, and only 64 calories per serving, this easy sorbet recipe is worth saving! When those ice cream cravings come calling, this is my weapon of choice.
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 heaping Tbsp of psyllium husk fiber powder (this makes it creamy and smooth!)
- frozen unsweetened wild blueberries (lower in sugar than cultivated blueberries)
- frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 Tbsp xylitol (available at www.omegacrunch.com )
- Omega Crunch Super Sprinkle - for topping (*NEW* at www.omegacrunch.com )
Add all ingredients to a food processor starting with the almond milk and then the psyllium husk fiber (giving the fiber time to absorb some of the milk while adding other ingredients). Add all other ingredients and pulse until smooth. If need be, stop to scrape sides. Continue pulsing until sorbet is fully pureed and smooth (about 1 minute depending on food processor).
*For a softer sorbet, spoon directly into bowls ad serve immediately. Top with Omega Crunch Super Sprinkle.
*For a firmer sorbet, spoon into a large bowl and put in freezer for about 30-60 minutes. Scoop using an ice cream scoop into bowls and serve. Top with Omega Crunch Super Sprinkle.
Nutritional Info Per 1/2 Cup Servings:
64 cals, 17g carbs, 0g fat, 0g protein, 4g sugar, 9g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh