Carrot Cake Muffins (gluten free, dairy free, paleo)
Mother's Day is just around the corner. Need a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert for Mom? These muffins have you covered!
(Yields 12 Muffins)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed flour (make your own! Pulse 1/2 cup raw, shelled, unsalted sunflower seeds on high until the seeds break down into flour/meal) *can be substituted for almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Omega Crunch Sweet Cinnamon Shelled Flax
- 1 Tbsp xylitol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites (equals 4 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup grated carrots (or sliced and then pulsed in a food processor into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup raisins
Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, combine the flours, flax, xyltiol, cinnamon, nutmeg, xanthan gum, and baking powder. Pulse the egg whites in a food processor on high until frothy. Add the oil and honey to the egg whites and pulse until well blended. Add the combined dry ingredients to the egg white mixture and pulse again until a thick batter forms. Then add the carrots and raisins and pulse quickly to mix them through the batter. Scoop evenly into lined muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 30 - 35 mins.
Nutritional Info Per Muffin:
154 cals, 20g carbs, 9g fat, 4g protein, 14g sugar, 4g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh