Chana Masala (vegan)
What do I love more than an easy dinner? An easy dinner that tastes like it took all day to cook! This easy creamy curry will win you over and bring you back for seconds.
(Yields 6-8 Servings)
- 1 large can chickpeas (28 oz)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (canned, with some juice)
- 1 can lowfat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp chana masala spice mix (or more, depending on taste)
- salt - to taste (optional)
- Omega Crunch Roasted Garlic Shelled Flax (for topping)
- *1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- *1/4 cup cold water
In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the chickpeas, onions and tomatoes until the onions become translucent. Add the coconut milk and masala spice mix. Once the sauce is heated through, reduce heat and simmer until it reaches desired consistency. Add salt to taste. Serve over rice or riced cauliflower. Top with Omega Crunch Roasted Garlic Shelled Flax for extra nutrients!
*for a thicker sauce, mix the tapioca starch in the cold water until dissolved. Add this to the chana masala and stir over medium high heat until sauce thickens.
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh