Chewy Honey Bar (grain free, nut free, *vegan option)
Need a nut free snack for school or work? Here’s a bar that’s easy to pack, tastes like a treat, but delivers the nutrients of a healthy energy bar.
(Yields 12 Bars)
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut (medium)
- ½ cup honey (* substitute honey with pure maple syrup)
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup Omega Crunch Roasted Maple Shelled Flax Seed
- ¼ cup raisins (firmly pressed)
- 6 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse on high until all ingredients are well broken down and begin to form a consistent mixture. You shouldn’t be able to see large pieces of dates, raisins and pepitas at this stage – it should all be blended together. Press the mixture evenly into the lined baking dish using fingertips or the back of a spoon. Put it in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes. Take out, cut into 12 equal bars and refrigerate.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (serving = 1 bar):
216 cals, 45g carbs, 5g fat, 3g protein, 36g sugar, 5g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh