Coconut Macaroons (reduced sugar, *paleo option)
Craving sugar? It happens. Here's a little treat that can satisfy that craving without going overboard. Each macaroon is only 71 calories, 6g carbs and only has 3g sugar!
(Yields 24 Macaroons)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar (*or sub in 1/4 cup honey)
- 1/4 cup xylitol (now available at www.omegacrunch.com)
- 2 Tbsp Omega Crunch Roasted Maple Shelled Flax
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Scoop 1 Tbsp at a time and drop dough on lined cookie sheet. Use the back of a spoon to lightly flatten each cookie. Bake in preheated oven for 18 - 20 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
*whether you use sugar or honey, both will bake in 18-20 minutes, but macaroons made with honey are a bit darker in color.
Nutritional Info Per Macaroon:
71 cals, 6g carbs, 5g fat, 1g protein, 3g sugar, 1g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh