It’s not just for the holidays! After an intense workout your body needs protein. The cinnamon boosts your metabolism and the nutmeg detoxes your liver and kidneys. This is a power packed protein shake.
- ½ cup egg whites (4 egg whites – they are fat and cholesterol free)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 – 2 packets stevia (to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (also helps lower cholesterol and boosts cognitive function & memory)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (in ancient times, Romans and Greeks, used it as a brain tonic!)
- 1 tsp Omega Crunch Sweet Cinnamon Shelled Flax (last but not least, my personal fave, omega 3)
Pulse the egg whites in a food processor (or using a hand mixer) until they are frothy and begin to thicken. Once thickened, set aside in a bowl. Combine the remainder of the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well blended. Add the egg whites back in and pulse again. That’s it! Enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
124 cals, 11g carbs, 4g fat, 16g protein, 4g sugar, 6g fiber