Grain Free Blueberry Muffins (low carb, nut free)
Trust me, you're going to want to try these. Oh yeah - rising grain free muffins that are low in carbs and sugar! They're moist, loaded with blueberry goodness, and yes, they're healthy too.
(Yields 12 Muffins)
- 1 + 1/2 cups sunflower seed flour - instructions below to make your own (can be substituted with almond flour)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (starch)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (now available at www.omegacrunch.com)
- 1 Tbsp Omega Crunch Super Sprinkle (*new!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp finely ground Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (low fat)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (unsweetened)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (save the blueberries). Add all the wet ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well blended. Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated. Transfer the mixture back to the large bowl and carefully fold the blueberries
into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the baking cups until just about full. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
**Sunflower Seed Flour - make your own! It's easy! Add 1 + 1/2 cups of raw, unsalted, shelled sunflower seeds to a food processor and pulse until the seeds break down and turn into a meal/flour. Stop before the seeds release their oil and begin to turn into a butter.
Nutritional Info Per Muffin:
183 cals, 16g carbs, 12g fat, 5g protein, 7g sugar, 3g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh