Lemon Pudding (dairy free, vegan)
This is a smooth and creamy dairy free pudding that has an unexpected secret ingredient. Your picky eaters will never guess that their dessert has cauliflower! Shhh… don’t tell!
(Yields 2 cups)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup low fat unsweetened coconut milk (drinkable tetra pack)
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum (divided into 3- quarter teaspoons)
- 3 drops yellow food coloring (*optional)
- Omega Crunch Roasted Maple Shelled Flax
In a medium saucepan, bring full fat coconut milk, low fat coconut milk, cauliflower, vanilla, lemon juice and sugar to boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium-low heat, stirring often until cauliflower is very tender. Transfer to a food processor and pulse continually while adding the xanthan gum ¼ tsp at a time. Add food coloring (*optional) and continue to pulse until the mixture is very smooth and free from all lumps. Top with Omega Crunch Roasted Maple Shelled Flax. Refrigerate until the pudding sets (2-3 hours).
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1 serving = ½ cup)
299 cals, 24 carbs, 21g fat, 3g protein, 19g sugar, 2g fiber.