Portobello Pizza (paleo, vegan)
Pizza - without the meat, the crust, and the cheese? Yes. This is a low carb, low calorie vegetarian pizza and the nutritional yeast gives it a nice “cheesy” flavor. If you like mushrooms, you’ve gotta try this!
(Yields 2 Mini Pizzas)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small tomato (pulsed and strained)
- 8 spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp Omega Crunch Roasted Garlic Shelled Flax Seed
- 4 olives sliced (I used stuffed manzanilla olives - you can use whatever olives you prefer)
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Place the Portobello mushrooms on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Pulse the tomato, spinach, cilantro, nutritional yeast, garlic and flax to the food processor and pulse until it begins to form a wet paste. Drain excess water. Once the mushrooms have cooked for 5 minutes, remove from oven and spread the tomato paste evenly between the two mushrooms. Add the sliced olives to the mushrooms. Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1 mushroom):
86 cals, 10g carbs, 4g fat, 6g protein, 2g sugar, 4g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh