Sunflower Herb Dip (nut free, dairy free, vegan)
Need a little sunshine? This flavorful vegan dip will brighten your day and bring new life to your raw veggies.
- 2 cups raw (shelled) sunflower seeds
- water (to cover the seeds + 1 inch)
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream (full fat canned coconut milk)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- Omega Crunch Roasted Garlic Shelled Flax Seeds (for topping)
Soak the seeds in a large bowl (overnight or 8 hours) with enough water to cover the seeds, plus once inch. After 8 hours, drain the water. Add the seeds to a food processor. Add in all other ingredients and pulse until the mixture is smooth. Stop to scrape sides as needed. (Mixture should be the texture and consistency of thick cream cheese). Top with shelled flax. Serve with veggies!
Nutritional Info Per Tbsp:
36 cals, 2g carbs, 3g fat, 1g protein, 0g sugar, 1g fiber
Recipe by Kitchen Caleigh