Veggie Frittata (paleo, dairy free, low carb)
Vitamins! Power-up with this savory frittata and fuel your body. Be it breakfast, brunch, or lunch with friends, this is an impressive dish with flavor and nutrition you can be proud of.
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup drinkable, low fat, unsweetened, coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped, loosely packed
- 2 Tbsp Omega Crunch Roasted Garlic Shelled Flax
- 4 Tbsp canned spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1 cup kale leaves, chopped
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 400F.
Line bottom of a 7.5” round casserole dish with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the coconut milk, cilantro, and shelled flax. Set aside. In a food processor, pulse the spinach, onion, garlic, red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and kale until all the pieces are the size of rice grains. Transfer the pulsed vegetables into a large skillet and sautee (in olive oil) until tender. Add the cooked vegetebles to the egg mixture, add the salt and stir until well combined. Transfer to lined baking/casserole dish and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
140 cals, 7g carbs, 8g fat, 10g protein, 2g sugar, 3g fiber